Imagine starting your life together in a house full of a rich history dated all the way back to 1837. This home is filled with timeless treasures with just enough modernization to keep you and your guests comfortable and feeling like the southern royalty that built this home in the first place. Warm up by one of the many fireplaces while enjoying the breathtaking mountain views out the windows. Two industrial kitchens, two ballrooms, and a garden space fit for 200 guests are sure to accommodate your friends and family and leave them feeling as though they’ve been to another era.
I recently had the opportunity to visit Rabun Manor in Dillard, Georgia and by the time we had been given the tour by the fabulous events coordinator (and owner!), Nancy Childress, I was left feeling like I had just walked onto a movie set. If Luke hadn’t been with me (and the kids not waiting to be picked up at school!) I don’t know that I would have left. This house is breathtaking and struck me as the perfect combination between Gone with the Wind and Father of the Bride. Everything about it just screams ‘get married here!’. Nancy even showed us some of her plans for future ceremony locations and let me just tell you, this lady doesn’t plan on slowing down any time soon. She is constantly improving the already immaculate home and working to make every single detail of your wedding day an absolute dream. If I had it to do over again, I would get married here just so Nancy could help me plan it, ha!
*These tours are my own opinions and I have not been compensated in any way for sharing this information.
Here is my honest review of Rabun Manor.
- Another location gem, being about 5 minutes from Clayton, Georgia (ie home of the fab coffee at Grapes and Beans!) Again, the location is far enough outside of Atlanta to feel like a vacation destination but close enough to be a day trip.
- The views are breath.taking. Like, whoa. whoa. whoa. Granted, I went during the most beautiful time of the year and the leaves were beautiful but I’m pretty sure any time of the year would be beautiful as the positioning of this home is perfection so that you can see long range mountains.
- Have I mentioned Nancy? Because she’s pretty awesome and definitely a perk of getting married here. Easy to communicate with, kind, hard working, and motivated to make your day perfect.
- The ceremony site is up to you but the garden area overlooking the mountains with adjacent stone fountain is gorgeous. However, there is plenty of space inside to move the ceremony if need be due to weather, or even if you just want an inside ceremony! Lots of choices here!
- Reception areas are plentiful and beautiful. Timeless and well decorated.
- The Bride and Groom Suites are to. die. for. There is even a clawfoot tub in the Bride’s Suite as well as floor length mirrors, fireplaces, 2 showers and plenty of space for you and all your girlfriends to get ready. The guys will enjoy the masculine decor of the Groom’s Suite as well as the large flat screen tv, more fireplaces, leather couches, and more.
- There are 4 rooms upstairs that can accommodate guests as well as cottages on the property that can be rented out.
- There is plenty of on site parking and they have renovated this home with weddings on the mind as the picture opportunities are literally endless. I cannot wait to get back up here and photograph some brides on those gorgeous couches.
I also did a couple live videos while here as there was just so much to show so be sure to scroll to the bottom to see those! 🙂
Location: Dillard, GA | 205 Carolina St. Dillard, GA 30537
Phone Number: (706)746-2060
Events Coordinator: Nancy Childress | firstname.lastname@example.org